Effective July 1, 2019, the Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA) began collecting municipal income tax for the City. RITA is a non-profit governmental agency established in 1971 under chapter 167 of the Ohio Revised Code and is the largest municipal income tax collection agency in the State of Ohio. The City of Columbiana chose the Regional Income Tax Agency for its ability to offer residents and businesses ePayment and free eFiling capabilities to maximize the City’s tax collection efforts. RITA will be responsible for the administration and collection of all income taxes and will serve as an Agent of the City of Columbiana in this capacity.
All City of Columbiana tax payments and tax forms, for current and prior tax years, are to be sent to RITA. We encourage you to utilized RITA’s electronic filing and payment system as it is fast, secure, and simple to use. The system will be available for your use beginning July 22, 2019. Visit RITA’s website or you may contact RITA’s customer service representatives at (800)860-7482 with any questions or concerns regarding your City of Columbiana income tax.
For those wishing to utilize mail, the remittance address for our secured lockbox center is:
P.O. Box 477900
Broadview Hts, OH 44147-7900
Checks or money orders should be payable to the Regional Income Tax Agency or RITA. Please include your Account Number on all payments and correspondence.
- The interest rate means the Federal Short-term rate, rounded to the nearest whole percent, plus 5% per annum…as determined under section 1274 of the Internal Revenue Code for July of the current year.
- Tax Interest Rate for Tax Year 2017 =6%
Annual Interest Rate per HB5 – Columbiana Ordinance 881.10(A)
- 2016 Tax Year – 5.0% per annum .42% per month
- 2017 Tax Year – 6.0% per annum .50% per month
- 2018 Tax Year – 6.0% per annum .50% per month
- 2019 Tax Year – 7.0% per annum .583% per month
All forms are provided in PDF format and require Adobe Reader. Some web browsers may attempt to open PDF files on their own. Please download the file to your computer and open it in Adobe Reader to ensure all functions of the file work properly.